The sun may be fleeting and autumn is definitely on the way but at least we can drag out our cosy clothes and enjoy the best of Britain's native fruits like apples. We are lucky enough to have a village community orchard and I love sending the children to do some legal scrumping for baking treats like this beautiful vegan Dutch apple cake.
1) Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl
2) Mix the wet in another bowl
3) Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
4) Pour the mixture into a large greased and lined baking tin.
5) Add sliced apples to the top of the cake in a circular pattern, starting at the centre.
6) Sprinkle with some dark brown soft sugar
7) Bake 45 mins at 170C or 180C depending on oven
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Louise Palmer-Masterton is founder of multiple award-winning restaurants Stem & Glory; hip and trendy but accessible plant-based restaurants, serving delicious gourmet vegan food from locally sourced ingredients. Stem & Glory also offers click-and-collect and local delivery in London and Cambridge. In addition, Stem & Glory offers a range of ready meals, finish at home pizzas, and recipe kits available for delivery across the UK.
Find out more at www.stemandglory.uk